Saturday 7 May 2016

Episode 1: Paris Saint Germain F.C. - Day 1

Running my fingers over the smooth wood of the desk I am sitting in taking in all I can of my first day of my new club. Being appointed as the manager of Paris Saint Germain (PSG) certainly adds some pressure to the occasion but never the less I need to start getting my admin in order and start my planing for a season kicking off in less than 6 weeks. 

On my desk I open up some reports from my coaching staff and the clubs chairman. This entails the background history of the club as well as key players and scouting reports.  Jean-Louis Gasset will be kept as my assistant manager for the first season as well as most of the coaching staff will hold on to their coaching positions for at least the first season. 

Looking at the scouting reports of my current squad I believe that PSG have decent cover for most of the positions that would suit my formations. Only a couple of improvements will be required in the sense of signing two or three youth players that add immediate backup to the Left Wing, Right Centre Back as well as Centre Back Positions. After looking at the scout reports I have shortlisted a some players which I believe could do the job that suits my requirements. 

  
The pick of the players for me on that shortlist will be: Januzaj, Redmond, McNair, Galloway and Cooper. This is all depending of the incoming scouting reports that I requested from my Head Scout. I also did look at some of my youth players and to be honest most of them which is not away on loan quite disappointed me.But despite the disappointment I did found at least three Youth Players which will be promoted to the First Team.

Promoted Players:  Alec Georgen, Souleyman Doumbia, Jean-Kévin Augustin









These three youth prospects will be training with the first team but play most of their games for the reserve team. 

In Episode 2 I will share most of my tactics that I will use during the season as well as my training set up and coaching responsibilities and roles. And hopefilly I can get into the pre-season and season as quickly as possible as I cannot wait for my first match in the PSG hot seat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment