Sunday 8 May 2016

Episode 2 - Fixtures, Tactics and Player Roles

It's midnight. 1 July, 2015.

My first day at the office is basically done. Staying up late to sort out all the paper work and planning ahead for what is going to be a tough season. There is a job to be done: winning the UEFA Champions League as a long term goal and winning the French Champions Trophy as a near future goal. Planning now consist of training for the season based on the fixtures ahead as well as setting up my tactics and instructions, which will be my base and foundation for the whole season. First up is the list of friendlies. They where all set up before I arrived in office and therefore I have no real say, except that I want to see my First Team face off against my reserves to make sure there is nothing or no one that I missed as a potential first team player. Current friendlies involve teams from Ligue 2 and French National Division sides. Probably PSG doing their community duties as a top French Club.


Tactics-wise I have summed up my team as a team with very high flair and passing attributes with 70% of my squad with decent decision making attributes. Therefore I will be playing two types of formations prominently. First of all a classic 1- 4 - 3 -3 formation with wingers and a complete forward roles and a box to box midfielder to add to fluidity of my build ups and defenses.



My second choice formation is a little bit more strict and allows me to play three central defenders as well as playing my games at a lower intensity. This will be my formation against weak opposition and teams who allows me to field a weaker team and giving game time to my fringe central defenders.





The advance play-maker and box to box midfielder, as well as the complete forward and ball playing defender roles will be the key roles in my formations, where I will always look to field the strongest players as well as bringing in the strongest players in those roles.

In the next Episode (3) - I will discuss my third tactic which will be a surprise and rather unusual tactics to throw a couple of opposition off their paces. I will also go over some transfers as well as the First Team vs Reserves match.

I will be off to bed now and looking forward to day two in the office!

No comments:

Post a Comment