Wednesday 18 May 2016

Episode 5 - PSG - Januzaj - What a Start Son!

I thought of the idea of involving a couple of my viewers and think I will set up surveys before or after any blog for the next blog. This is only a tester to see how it will pan out, so please take 30 seconds to fill it out. Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/57P773K

01/0/2015

My first competitive match as manager for PSG is done and dusted. I could not have wished for a better start! Although we were lucky coming out on top of which should be an expected victory for PSG, I am still very much pleased with my first trophy in this FM16 save. In this Episode (5) I discuss behind the scenes action of how my training schedules are set up, as well as Ligue 1 fixtures. I also show glimpses of my possible new transfers and more on my star signing/debutant.


French Champions Trophy

World Soccer Magazine


Overall I am very pleased with the team, although I cannot take anything away from my debutant Adnan Januzaj. He played for the full 93 minutes and gave nothing but his best. He scored the equalising goal for us as a result of his work rate throughout the game and forced the OM defense into an error, which he capitalised from with a sweet strike into the top corner. After 90 minutes the game went straight into penalties with non other than Januzaj slotting away the final penalty to bring the Trophy home for PSG in 3 consecutive years!! I love it when new signings pay off!!


Januzaj celebration after Equaliser



The French Football Informer Report on Januzaj


After the nights celebration I need to start directing my focus into the season ahead. As the board has quite high expectations for the season I cannot afford to slip. The following Monday I met the players back on the training pitch turning my focus to our first Ligue 1 game vs LOSC



Fixtures for the next 18 Matches




With Ibrahimovic out for a couple more weeks I had decided to look at the scouting reports for help. Even though I did sign Charles N'Zogbia, which adds quality to the team, I need to add a backup Striker since my Youth Striker Hervin Ongenda just lacks the quality expected of him. With only 2 Million Euros left as Transfer Budget I cannot afford another quality striker and therefore opting the same route as I went for N'Zogbia - Loan. I made two bids one for Loic Remy and one for a rather unknown player Fraizer Campbell from the English Ranks. It depends on which one gets accepted, hopefully I can bring in Loic Remy before our second Ligue 1 fixture.




Loic Remy
Frazer Campbell


For the first Ligue 1 match vs LOSC I will be selecting the same team vs OL in the French Champions Trophy. The only change will be in the formation as I will include an out-and-out striker, Hervin Ongenda. This will be the youngsters' only opportunity to show me what he can do as a first team player. This move forces Charles N'Zogbia out of the starting XI to the bench. 



Charles N'Zogbia - Out


Hervin Ongenda - In 

Preparation for the next match has been going well. Except for the couple of injuries we currently have, we look well prepared. After a two week period where I decided the teams' training focus should be on Cohesion, I feel that during the OL game it showed that the training weeks paid off. I switched to more attacking training as we need to score goals in numbers from the start if we are to win the Ligue 1. Only the next game will tell if those training session combinations paid off. Hopefully the start of the season will motivate players and be fired up so I won't be focusing on my pep talks as much yet. Players I am looking to for to be on fire for the next match is David Luiz, Adnan Januzaj and Angel Di Maria. I believe if those three perform on the night we have a great chance of coming away with a 3 goal difference victory.





Training Schedule Past 3 Weeks

Starting XI vs LOSC



Please drop a comment below if I missed out any important updates. I will do a final transfer story at the end of the transfer window. There might be new recruitment's arriving on loan soon as I already mentioned one (the other might me a surprise). Also please make sure to answer my surveys at the beginning or the end of each of my new blogs. The surveys will always take less than a minute and it is there to involve the readers a bit more. (It would really make things interesting!!)

In Episode 6 I will be discussing new transfers and final squad registration, Champions League Group Stage Draw and also my first four results into Ligue 1. Please let me know if you like my blogs so far in the comments below and all the best till the next one.


Zlatan Quote (Joke)






No comments:

Post a Comment